Exciting opportunity for a Medtech trade mission to Japan! Contact [email protected] (+1 416-325-6782) for more information or registration
In partnership with Global Affairs Canada, and supported by JETRO, Osaka Prefectural Government, Reed Exhibitions, TOHealth! and other industrial association partners, Ontario is organizing a Health Trade Mission to Japan and Korea, targeting business opportunities in these two important markets.
You are cordially invited to join with us.
This would be of particular interest to Ontario companies that provide products/services/technologies (such as Medical Imaging, Health IT etc.) to healthcare, clinical testing, diagnostics and medicine industries.
· Valued at US$527 billion, Japan is the world’s 3rd largest medical market with high stability. In addition, the ever increasing rate of aged population drives the medical needs resulting in expansion and construction of new hospitals and nursing homes.
· Imported medical devices account 49% of the Japanese market. The Japanese medical device market relies heavily on imported products. In 2014, the imported products were valued at US$12.3 billion.
· file:///C:\Users\ahall\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_BBF1028B-3AE0-4C5B-9A9C-3EC55F61FD2C.0\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.pngShortened approval process time. In late 2014, the Japanese government revised the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (PAL) and implemented the new PMD Act (“Act on Securing Quality Efficacy and Safety of Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Regenerative and Cellular Therapy Products, Gene Therapy Products, and Cosmetics”), to shorten and standardize the review time for medical device approval. This will greatly help foreign medical device companies get their products on the Japanese market sooner.
· Increasing demand on healthcare and medical technologies in Korea. The medical devices market has grown steadily in Korea - 6.2% compund annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2010 and 2015 (US$4.65 billion).
· Market growth driven by an ageing population (Korea ranked first among OECD countries in aging population growth rate) and growth in the medical devices industry engaged in other emerging countries.
file:///C:\Users\ahall\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_BBF1028B-3AE0-4C5B-9A9C-3EC55F61FD2C.0\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006.pngPrograms & Services
· A well-designed Ontario / Canada pavilion you will be exhibiting and presenting in.
· A well-positioned consulting firm will be hired to provide detailed market information and assist mission members to be introduced to key contacts in the industry.
· Business 2 business meetings will be set up for mission members.
· Interpretation services will be provided for mission members in the pavilion and related programs to facilitate your discussion with local business contacts.
· Media exposure will be provided for mission members in the pavilion and related programs to facilitate your discussion with local business contacts.
· An Industry seminar and networking event co-hosted with the Osaka Prefectural government
· A site visit to a hospital or senior house to hear about user voices (TBC).
· Medical Japan (http://www.medical-jpn.jp/en/) although only with a few years history, the trade event has grown to be one of the most important healthcare shows in Japan. Medical Japan 2017 hosted 1,067 exhibitors (medical devices and technology, health IT, hospital/nursing home suppliers etc.) and was visited by 29,000+ visitors (hospitals, manufacturers, importers and distributors etc.)
Concurrent Expos within Medical Japan 2018
3rd medical IT Solutions Expo
4th Hospital +Innovation Expo
8th Medical Device Development Expo Osaka
4th Int’l Pharmaceutical R&D and Manufacturing Expo Osaka
4th Regenerative Medicine Expo & Conference Japan
4th Elderly Care + Nursing Expo Japan
· Low participation fee ($1,000 per company, early bird rate) on companies as Ontario will cover major program expenses (show spaces and all services listed above).
About the Markets
In September or October, a webinar/seminar will be hosted (in partnership with JETRO) to provide some more information about Japanese healthcare market.
There are also a few reports available on export.gov webpage that provide good/basic market intelligence. Please click on the hyperlink to view the complete article.
Proposed Mission Itinerary (Version 3)
· February 20 (Tue) Osaka
a.m. Life Sciences Seminar co-organized with Osaka Prefectural Government and life Sciences Cluster
p.m. Business to business meetings
p.m. Booth set up at Medical Japan
· February 21-23 (Wed-Fri) Osaka
Exhibition at Ontario Pavilion at Medical Japan
Individual B2B meetings
Venue: INTEX Osaka
· February 26 (Mon) Seoul
9:00am Market Briefing by Trade Commissioners
Canadian Embassy in Korea
10:30am Briefing with industry association, educational institutions, other industry players (TBD)
2.00pm Individual/group meetings (TBC).
$1000 per company (early bird rate till September 15th, 2017)
Two funding programs for your consideration:
Export Market Access (EMA) is an initiative of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, with support and funding from the Government of Ontario. It is designed to assist small to medium size organizations (SMEs) to access and expand their growth in new foreign markets. Companies with annual sales of $500,000 or more may qualify for a grant covering up to 50% of the direct costs of accessing and expanding into export markets (up to C$30,000). For more details and to apply, please visit: www.exportaccess.ca
CanExport : Starting from January 2016, CanExport is a new program delivered by the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) of Global Affairs Canada, in partnership with the National Research Council Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP). The funding program will provide up to $50 million over five years in direct financial support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Canada seeking to develop new export opportunities, particularly in high-growth priority markets and sectors. . Please consult the applicant guide to determine your eligibility. http://international.gc.ca/trade-commerce/funding-financement/canexport/index.aspx?lang=eng
Please contact [email protected] (+1 416-325-6782) for more information or registration